Thanks for coming!
See Kathy McCabe’s report for the Boston Globe about the nearly 100 people who turned out in the snowy streets to make a statement!
Rally to Show Your Opposition Sponsored by The Committee to Stop the West Roxbury Lateral Pipeline WHEN: Sunday, Jan. 25, 2015 11:30 a.m. WHERE: The rotary near Holy Name Church & BPD Precinct E-5 1689 Centre Street, West Roxbury They may approve this project any day now if they don’t hear from us! Federal comment period ends this Friday [Jan. 23, 2015]. Did You Know?
- Joyce Kilmer Elementary, Roxbury Latin, and Beethoven School are all in the “impact zone” of the pipeline if an explosion were to happen.
- There are approximately 200 residents at the German Center – also in the Impact Zone
Why Do We Need Your Help? If we are not successful, we risk:
- A potentially deadly explosion caused by the blasting at the quarry, third-party damage, or acts of terrorism.
- Potential environmental impact and noise pollution.
- Loss of property values and/or loss of property due to eminent domain.
If you can distribute flyers in advance of the rally to let people know about it, here’s a great one to use. We got great media attention at our last event. We are inviting the media back! We need hundreds of concerned citizens at this event. Bring your signs, your voices, and warm clothing!!